We’re looking to hire a passionate Data Analyst to join our team in London. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This is a part-time role (20 hours per week).
ClickMechanic is a marketplace for mechanics that is bringing trust and transparency to car repair. The platform enables customers to acquire real-time industry standard quotes (a first in Europe) and quickly book a vetted mechanic online.
Founded in 2012 by EF alumni Andrew Jervis and Felix Kenton, the company has grown quickly to offer nationwide coverage and is backed on its mission by such institutional investors as 500 Startups, and Forward Partners as well as angel investors including the former CEO of JustEat and Chairman of Treatwell.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform regular data analysis on performance data for various stakeholders across the business
- Work cross team to ensure a high level of data quality is kept across reports, tools and databases
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, investigate discrepancies within these data sets
- Provide data analysis to the growth team to ensure A/B test results take all relevant information into account
- Using segmentation and user profiling to create insights into customer groups and their behaviour
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
- Using data, proactively find and define new opportunities for the business to grow
- Play an active role in expanding and improving our data stack by evaluating the current setup as well as new tools and technologies
- Build and develop initial predictive data models
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Big Query, Kissmetrics etc.)
- Working advanced knowledge of Excel and Google sheets
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills to explain data, analysis and insights in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactive self-starter, highly organised and working methodologically
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics (or currently studying this)
We offer a competitive salary and lots of other benefits including:
- Work directly alongside the founders and management team
- Company Macbook
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Relaxed and fun office environment with no dress code
- Free drinks and food every Friday
- Regular all company socials
- Opportunity to develop a career at an exciting early stage start-up