Mechanic in Residence
We are looking for a reliable individual who has 5 years or more experience in motor vehicle service and repair and a passion for customer service.
ClickMechanic is a marketplace for mechanics that is bringing trust and transparency to car repair. The platform enables customers to acquire real-time industry standard quotes (a first in Europe) and quickly book a vetted mechanic online. Founded in 2012 by EF alumni Andrew Jervis and Felix Kenton, the company has grown quickly to offer nationwide coverage and is backed on its mission by such institutional investors as 500 Startups, and Forward Partners as well as angel investors including the former CEO of JustEat and Chairman of Treatwell.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of dedicated motor trade professionals to provide support over the phone to customers in order to assist them in booking the right repairs and/or service for their vehicle.
The key skills we are looking for are:-
- 5 years plus experience of hands on motor vehicle diagnostic, repair and service, ideally in a customer facing environment such as roadside rescue
- Strong communications skills with an empathy towards the customer’s needs. You need to be able to speak clearly and posses good listening skills to obtain the information from the customer over the phone and to translate that into a technical resolution based upon your experience and knowledge
- An ability to multi-task across various PC based applications to record details and book work in.
- A work ethic that takes pride in results and quality as well as a desire to over achieve
- Making and receiving customer calls of a technical nature to establish a path to resolution
- Logging customer details and their vehicle aspects onto the system
- Booking customers in for repair and/or diagnostic
You will ideally be London based, however for the right candidate we are flexible to location. You must therefore be able to work remotely, without supervision, yet be able to work as part of a team, self motivated to drive towards achievable targets and beyond
The candidate will be required to work from home with a good internet connection and a laptop/desktop capable of running multiple browsers. There will be a requirement to come to London on occasions to visit the head office for training and team meetings.
We offer lots of benefits including:
- Work directly alongside the founders and management team
- Relaxed and fun office environment with no dress code
- Free drinks and food every Friday
- Regular all company socials